Here are the top headlines of the hour:
1. Trouble mounts for Umar Khalid as the court takes cognizance of the charge sheet filed in the Delhi riots case. Tahir Hussain and Umar Khalid are accused in the prima facie along with others.
2. After UK PM Borish Johnson cancels India visit due to surge in United Kingdom's COVID-19 infections, Shiv Sena targets Centre and says 'When COVID has been the unwanted Chief Guest in the country for nearly a year, it would have been best to avoid such pomp& show. Republic Day will be truly celebrated in all its glory & not for self-glory once we have truly bid the unwanted guest goodbye.'
3. Minutes of three meetings held to grant approval to Covaxin, exposes the panel's flip flop. Experts back the COVID vaccine and the opposition questions panel's summersault.
4. Amid deadlock with Centre, the Kisan Unions have promised to intensify the stir. The Supreme Court has observed that there has been no improvement at all. Kisan unions prepare for rehearsals of tractor protest tomorrow.
5. Amid the clamor for Congress Chief, Pranab Mukherjee's assessment of the Gandhi's in his books sparks major controversy.
6. Another chilling rape case has now come to light. A 50-year-old woman gang-raped and murdered in Badaun. The post mortem report reveals brutality.
7. AIADMK expels youth wing functionary after his arrest in Pollachi sexual assault case. DMK alleges coverup by the government.
8. Times Now accesses NIA's charge sheet that reveals how Kerala CMO was aware of the 167 kgs of gold. NIA refuses to give CM's aide a clean chit.
9. Amid bird flu scare, Centre & states step up efforts to contain the spread. Activists oppose the culling of birds after 24,000 birds especially ducks were culled in Kerala' Alappuzha.
10. SC agrees to examine the law against unlawful conversions in Uttar Pradesh and Uttrakhand. Refuses to stay on law for now, but issues notice.