UP polls: BJP, ally ahead in 9 of Allahabad distict's 12 seats
The BJP has gained comfortable leads in eight seats of Allahabad district, which has the highest number of 12 assembly segments in Uttar Pradesh.
Going by the counting of votes till noon, the party has established comfortable leads in eight of the nine seats contested by it and is locked in a neck-and-neck fight with the Samajwadi Party in another. Its ally, the Apna Dal (Soney Lal), has contested three seats and is leading in one while trailing in the rest.
The BSP is leading in two seats.
The SP-Congress alliance has a slender lead in just one seat. -PTI
- Assembly elections 2017: BJP's 'mega victory' in UP, U'khand, says Rajnath Singh
- UP polls: Shivraj Singh Chouhan lauds PM Modi as BJP wins big
- UP Polls: BJP 'tsunami' in UP, no pan-India leader who can take on Modi
- 'Ab ki baar 300 paar' in UP: BJP
- UP has rejected SP-Cong alliance, voted for development: Yogi Adityanath