While upholding the validity of the Aadhaar scheme, the Supreme Court on Wednesday observed that ‘we do not find anything in Aadhaar Act which violates right to privacy of individual citizen.’
This means that, with some modifications, the Aadhaar card is here to stay. The modifications include:
- Aadhaar not needed for school/college admissions
- Aaadhaar not compulsory for getting a mobile number
- Aadhaar need not be linked to bank accounts
- Private companies cannot demand Aadhaar information.
- However, Aadhaar has to be compulsorily linked to PAN number.
Click below to vote and tell us what you make of the verdict: