Emergencies can happen at any time leaving us distressed and confused about what to do. Here is a list of emergency contacts you must be aware of so that you know whom to call in case of need.
Emergency Telephone Numbers in India
- National Emergency Number- 112
- Police- 100
- Fire- 101
- Ambulance- 102
For Disaster Management Services you can call 108. To call the Women Helpline number dial 1091 and to reach the Women Helpline - ( Domestic Abuse ) make a call to 181.
Air ambulance can be called by dialing 9540161344, while to reach the Aids Helpline dial 1097.
To contact the Anti Poison helpline in New Delhi, you can make a call at 1066 or 011-1066, whereas for Disaster Management ( N.D.M.A ) you can call 011-26701728 or 1078.
During an earthquake/flood/disaster, please call N.D.R.F Headquarters at 011-24363260.
In case of missing children or women, make a call to Deputy Commissioner Of Police – Missing Child And Women at 1094. Some other important emergency contact numbers are:
- Senior Citizen Helpline- 1091, 1291
- Medical Helpline in Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Uttarakhand, Goa, Tamil Nadu, Rajasthan, Karnataka, Assam, Meghalaya, M.P And U.P.- 108
- Railway Accident Emergency Service- 1072
- Road Accident Emergency Service- 1073
- ORBO Centre, AIIMS (For Donation Of Organ) Delhi- 1060
- Relief Commissioner For Natural Calamities- 1070
- Children In Difficult Situation- 1098
- Central Vigilance Commission- 1964
Tourists can make a call to 1363 or 1800111363 in case of need. In case there is an LPG leak, make a call to 1906.
Blood Banks in Delhi/NCR Region
Here is a list of blood banks in the Delhi/NCR region:
24-Hour Ambulance Telephone Numbers in Delhi
- All India Institute Of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Delhi- 011-26594405, 26594706
- Centralized Accident Trauma Service (CATS) Delhi- 102, 1099
- Moolchand Hospital, New Delhi- 011- 42000000
- Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute, New Delhi- 011- 27051011 To 29
- Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi- 011- 25750000, 25757575
- Vidyasagar Institute Of Mental Health (VIMHANS)- 011- 26924302
. Read more on India by The Quint.RSS & BJP’s Nehru-Netaji ‘Cosplay’: Irony Dies a Thousand DeathsBihar Encephalitis Deaths: More Doctors to Be Sent to Muzaffarpur . Read more on India by The Quint.