1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi chairs a high-level Covid-meeting with states and other ministries' officials. The PM's meeting main objective was to bring up the fair numbers related to Covid fatalities and new cases in the states.
2. Times Now exposes the plan to sabotage all efforts being made in the country. Times Now's reporter Rakesh Trivedi travelled to the heartland of Maharashtra to find out the ground reports from Palghar over rumours of the COVID vaccine.
3. As per the media reports, the Gujarat Government is under-reporting the Covid death numbers in the state. As of now, the fatality figure has been increasing but still, the numbers are being conservative by the government.
4. The Covid daily new cases are gradually slowing down but the fatalities are still at a peak in India, amidst the whole crisis, BJP MLA Babush Monserrate, who represents Panaji has questioned the Goa government for mismanaging the Covid situation in the state.
5. Former Maharashtra Chief Minister, Devendra Fadnavis shoots off a letter to Sonia Gandhi accusing their government of mismanaging the Covid situation in the rural areas of the state.
6. New studies depicts that plasma therapy is not an effective way to treat Covid-19 patients, in fact trials are being conducted on over 16,000 patients in the UK.
7. Cyclone named Taukatae is brewing over India's coastal regions i.e. Kerala, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Gujarat and Maharashtra as it is expected to appear here on May 17th and 18th. The India Meteorological Department (IMD) has issued an alert for the coastal regions and said the depression formed over Lakshadweep in the Arabian Sea would turn into a cyclonic storm in the next 24 hours.