PM Narendra Modi lays foundation stone for toilet under Swachh Bharat Abhiyan in Shahanshahpur
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 23 September laid foundation stone for toilet under Swachh Bharat Abhiyan in Shahanshahpur village of Uttar Pradesh's Varanasi.
Uttar Pradesh Governor Ram Naik, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, Minister of State for Rural Development Mahendra Singh and BJP State Unit President Mahendra Nath Pandey were also present during the function.
The Prime Minister, who has also visited a Pashu Arogya Mela, will also address a public meeting today at Shahanshahpur village on the second and last day of his two-day visit to his parliamentary constituency Varanasi.
He is also scheduled to distribute certificates to beneficiaries of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana during the function.
On 22 September, Prime Minister Modi inaugurated a direct train service to Vadodara, and also unveiled the Deendayal Hastkala Sankul and the Mahamana Express. This train will connect Varanasi with Surat and Vadodara in Gujarat.
- 'Chennai Express' producer Kareem Morani surrenders before police in rape case
- President Ram Nath Kovind to visit Uttarakhand, amidst prediction of heavy showers
- Delhi court to resume hearing in National Herald Case
- President Kovind to begin his two-day Uttarakhand visit today
- Chidambaram family belong to Tihar Jail: Swamy