PM Modi sends birthday wishes to Jonty Rhodes' daughter 'India'
Taking to Twitter, Prime Minister Narendra Modi greeted legendary South African cricketer Jonty Rhodes' daughter 'India' on her second birthday.
Prime Minister Modi tagged Rhodes and himself in a tweet and posted, 'Happy birthday to India, from India.'
Rhodes, who is currently in India as part of the Mumbai Indians' support staff for the Indian Premier League (IPL), posted a picture of himself with his daughter India Jeanne Rhodes, who turned two on Sunday.
In an interview to a daily, Rhodes had revealed that with the name like India, she will have the best of both worlds.
'What I love about India is that it's a rich mix of culture, heritage, and tradition. It is a very spiritual country, very forward-thinking nation. I really like that combination. What we really like about India is that every day we discover something new about this country. As people, we like discovering things about yourself and that's hopefully what she will also discover,' the legendary fielder said.
India was born in 2015 at Surya Mother and Child Care Hospital in Santacruz. In 2016, Rhodes had even performed a puja for his daughter at Pejawar Mutt in Santacruz, Mumbai.
- PM Modi stop appealing, implement laws: Asaduddin Owaisi
- Supreme Court refuses PIL seeking implementation of fundamental duties
- Jammu & Kashmir: Terrorists attack PDP leader Abdul Gani Dar
- Mehbooba's 'zero credibility' responsible for Kashmir unrest: Activist
- Will initiate dialogue after restoring normalcy in Valley: Mehbooba Mufti