Here are the top headlines of the hour:
1. At the centenary celebrations of the Aligarh Muslim University, Prime Minister Narendra Modi calls the university a symbol of inclusivity, says ‘One must put nation above individual differences’.
2. Results of 8 phase local body elections in Jammu and Kashmir to be out soon, neck and neck fight between Bhartiya Janata Party and Gupkar alliance. Mufti cries murder of democracy.
3. India’s United Kingdom returnees test positive for COVID-19, test to determine if the infection is there due to the new strain found there. Centre issues a new Standard Operating Measure to fight back.
4. Fight over Suvendu Adhikari continues, Trinamool Congress opens up a new front, claims that that Narada tapes with Adhikari were alleged on them have now been deleted from Bhartiya Janata Party’s social media site. It has now ignited a propriety debate.
5. Close to a month since farmers have been protesting and no breakthrough inside, centre has reiterated the talks offer, asks the farmers to pick a time and a date.
6. Renowned Baloch activist has been found dead in Toronto, Canada. Activists allege ISI hand in Karima Baloch’s death.
7. The United States honours Prime Minister Modi with a legion of merit award, lauds Prime Minister’s vision for India as a global power.