1) Backlash over Akhilesh's tantrum; as reporters jostled for answers from Samajwadi Party president Akhilesh Yadav's team in Uttar Pradesh's Moradabad district on Thursday, one journalist was allegedly manhandled by security personnel in the president's team
2) SC setback to Goa government; EC's independence is sacrosanct, and no government employee will serve as its chairman.
3) 6 days of tension in Bhainsa; 6 days after communal clashes, Telangana town remains restive, section 144 is in place and the internet has been suspended.
4) Haryana's quota bill challenged; the Haryana government's private-sector reservation bill is currently being challenged in the High Court.
5) Karnataka sex scandal 'cover-up'? After media gag and law demand in Karnataka, SIT probes the conspiracy angle in the sex scandal case.