PM Modi extends greeting on Easter, hopes for harmonious society
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday extended his greetings to everyone on the occasion of Easter and wished for harmony in the society.
'Easter greetings to everyone! May the teachings of Jesus Christ further the spirit of harmony, compassion, and togetherness in our society,' he tweeted.
Easter is celebrated by the Christians around the world to commemorate the resurrection of Jesus Christ on the third day of his burial after he was crucified. It also marks an end to the 40-day fasting period called Lent.
People gather in churches and offer their prayers on this day and the festival is celebrated with fervor across the country.
- CBI to get new online system to deal with black money cases
- Over 1.10 lakh first-time voters in MCD polls
- Odisha: PM Modi to meet Paika Rebellion freedom fighters' kin
- Andhra Pradesh: Annual 60-day ban on fishing invoked, fishermen demand high compensation
- CPI(M) condemns incident of youth tied to army jeep, demands punishment for guilty