Here are the top headlines of the hour:
1) Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a scathing attack on West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and her TMC party, using the slogan "Khela Hobe.
2) Trouble is brewing for the Uddhav Thackeray-led Maha Aghadi in Maharashtra, with the NIA focusing on notorious Mumbai cop Sachin Vaze (now suspended) and the opposition BJP alleging “betting and bribery ties between him and important persons in the government” on Wednesday
3) Family of Sachin Vaze's encounter victim speaks up; asks why an officer with criminal antecedent has been reinstated in the first place?
4) India’s daily caseload continues to climb, with over 35,000 cases recorded in a span of 24 hours which is the highest single-day spike this year.
5) Uttarakhand Chief Minister Tirath Singh Rawat’s statement on ripped jeans receives flak. Women’s rights activists and opposition launch an attack on Chief Minister.
6) Karnataka sex scandal: Victim's father claims she was kidnapped and is being held hostage.