Long vacations or even short trips to nearby places are always necessary to break the monotony from your mundane schedule. While everyone is thrilled with the idea of visiting new places, the dilemma of what and how to pack tends to throw us in great confusion.
Some clean clothes, a few accessories and footwear are indispensable but don’t overdo the packing. Here are some packing tips to make your pre-travel phase smooth and hassle-free.
Travel Packing Tips
- Pick loose cottons and linens, light colours, summery prints instead of bulking up on heavy dresses in dark colours. You can limit your colours to brown and black, as they go with anything. Besides, dark colours help hide scuffs and stains. If you pack a matching belt, you'll always be in practical style.
- Flip-flops are a must when travelling during summer. Also, the lighter you pack, the more at ease you will be.
- You can roll your clothes instead of packing them flat as it saves a lot of space in suitcase.
- Use a dry-clean bag to pack your clothes that shrink easily and/or are more likely to lose crease.
- You can use an empty chocolate box/container made of tin to store your accessories safely.
- You can also use a sunglass case to store tiny items like your earrings, wired items like your headphones.
- Try to pack a versatile pair of shoes that will mix and match with all your outfits.
- Tie laces together and loop shoes onto the outside of your backpack, instead of packing them inside. Not only does this save room, but it lets smelly shoes breathe.
- When trying to figure out how to pack shoes for travel in a small bag, stuff smaller items and accessories into the shoes to utilise every available inch of packing space, and to prevent them from getting crushed. If you're not stuffing, pack pairs of shoes tightly together, soles out, with the heels at opposite ends.
- It helps to never miss out on basic things like toothbrush, toothpaste, sunscreen, and moisturisers among others. So the next time you are travelling, make sure to include a toiletry kit in your checklist and while you are at it, don’t forget to cover the bottles of shampoo, moisturisers and other liquids, with a plastic cover.
- Packing food items can be tricky! Be it coleslaw or a simple toasted bread, sandwich is one delight that is loved by many and is an instant snack which is easy to carry. You can pack sandwiches in an air-tight plastic sheet and also roll up your wheat tortillas or chapatis with nice and tangy pickles to savour the ultimate taste of health.
The first aid kit is the most important thing to ensure a safe and healthy vacation. We should always carry medicines for headache, motion sickness and allergies, bandages, antiseptic and mosquito repellent. Plan to buy all these essentials in advance to avoid last-minute misses.
(With inputs from IANS)
. Read more on Travel by The Quint.RSS & BJP’s Nehru-Netaji ‘Cosplay’: Irony Dies a Thousand DeathsLast Ball Finish! Pollard’s 31-Ball-83 Helps Mumbai beat Punjab . Read more on Travel by The Quint.