Malayalam actor Mohanlal's upcoming film Mahabharatham was in news ever since the actor announced the budget of the film. Directed by ad film maker VA Shrikumar, the film, an adaptation of Malayalam writer MT Vasudevan's award winning novel Randamoozham will be made on a budget of Rs. 1000 Crores.
The film will be based on the epic Mahabharatha and Mohanlal will portray the lead role of Bheemasena. The story will be told through the perspective of Bheemasena.
Earlier, the makers had announced that the film will have many actors from different film industries for the film.
Recently Shrikumar had stated that he is planning to cast Malayalam actors Mammootty and Prithviraj along with Mohanlal in the film. He also added that he is planning to cast either Bollywood actor Hrithik Roshan or Telugu actor Mahesh Babu to portray the role of Sree Krishna in the film.
The film will be made in English, Malayalam, Tamil, Kannada, Telugu and Hindi languages and will have music by AR Rahman and art direction by Sabu Cyril.
- Mahesh Babu has taken the stunts to an another league in SPYder, reveals Rupin Suchak
- Chennai Box Office: Mani Ratnam's Kaatru Veliyidai set to be a big disaster
- Prithviraj Sukumaran's recent Facebook post brings curiosity among Mohanlal fans
- The Great Father UAE Box Office: Mammootty starrer mints Rs. 10.5 crore on opening weekend, fails to beat Mohanlal's Pulimurugan
- Godha : Basil Joseph, Tovino Thomas, Wamiqa Gabbi film confirmed for May 12 release, trailer goes viral