World's tallest hotel opens in Dubai
The JW Marriott's Marquis Dubai formally opened Feb. 26 after gaining the title of tallest hotel from Guinness World Records. At 355 meters (1,099 feet), the hotel would tower over skylines in most cities. But in Dubai, it sits in the shadow of its more than twice-as-high neighbor, the Burj Khalifa, the world's tallest skyscraper at 828 meters (2,717 feet).
News For You
- Malaysia Airlines jet turns back after tire burst
- 4 questions about missing Malaysian plane answered
- Blake Griffin tosses water on Warriors fan after fouling out of Clippers' Game 1 loss
- Captain of ill-fated Korean ferry praised safety in promotional video
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China