ASEAN Rally visits Angkor Wat temple
Historically, India-Cambodia relations come courtesy of Hindu and Buddhist religious and cultural influences, emanating out of India in the 4th-6th century AD, to various parts of South-East Asia. The pervading influence of Hinduism, Buddhism, and Indian architecture, is borne out by the structures at Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom, Bayon, Baphuon, and other religious and historical sites in Cambodia. Also, the Government of India agreed to preserve Angkor Wat temple when the Government of Cambodia appealed, between 1986 and 1993 and spent around four million dollars during this conservation. The 500-acre Angkor Wat is one of the largest religious monuments in the world and stands as an eternal testimony of the architectural glory of the Khmer Empire. ASEAN Rally participants visited the Angkor Wat temple and here are the photographs of the majestic temple.
News For You
- Co-pilot deliberately slams plane in Alps; families ask why
- IAS officer DK Ravi made 3 not 44 calls to batchmate
- CWC 2015: Fans come to Team India’s defence in response to media criticism of semifinal de …
- Former PM Vajpayee conferred with Bharat Ratna
- Singapore urges restraint as Lee mourners queue for 10 hours