One dead in Kanpur poisonous gas leak

Kanpur (UP), May 2 (ANI): A worker was killed after he inhaled some poisonous gas, while working in an illegal plastic recycling unit here on Monday.

The incident took place at a plastic-making unit housed in the basement of a building, where one worker died and two others were admitted to a local hospital unconscious.

Fire department officials, who conducted a search of the factory, found drums full of various chemicals used to make plastic bags and other such items.

"So far, it has been known that work was going on at night when three men were injured. Two men are unconscious, while one man's death has been confirmed," said K. V. Gupta, a fire department official.

Gupta also the factory was located in the building's basement, which may be illegal, adding that the owner would face legal persecution if he was found to have violated regulations.

The police is waiting for a post-mortem report of the deceased before taking further action. (ANI)

--

Get stories like this on the Yahoo app and discover more every day.
Download it now.

Yahoo Cricket

Latest News

Poll

With Section 66A gone, will online abuse increase?

Poll Choice Options
Loading...