New Delhi [India], April 28 (ANI): Ever since we realized, human tendency is inclined towards finding the easy way out, we knew that majority of all future innovations would have these three as their major pillars of thought- comfort, technology and time conservation.
The consumption of information in the form of video content has been a resounding success and it reflects our inclination towards absorbing maximum knowledge in minimum time.
Every evening, we come home, crash on our beds while sticking out our exhausted eyes to the tiny portable screens, to scroll through different social media handles. Even though numerous platforms like Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, etc. have become essential to attract followers, Facebook still has managed to garner maximum active user base and maximum engagement, according to various sources.
The recent option of Facebook live i.e. live streaming of video from your account has opened new dimensions, not only to the users, but to the commercial players and influencers as well. It's another accessory that fits perfectly to this recently growing trend of video content in the digital sphere. As users clamour for access to brands, brands have jumped on the live streaming bandwagon.
Hence Pankaj Rahul Singh, co-founder at TSD CORP, has come up with a few tips to connect better with the audience through FB Live:
1. Plan your show: Everyone enjoys a well-rehearsed theatre show. Chalk out a plan with elements like, when to broadcast, script, host, guests, sound, lighting, noise, angles, etc. Draft an interesting description about your video so your audience is well informed and would want to tune in to the broadcast.
- Strong Internet Connection: A strong internet connection is a must for smooth streaming. Imagine the frustration of loading a pixelated video, that's exactly what your audience experiences if your connection is weak. A strong internet connection is integral for fluid video streaming. Besides, all effort put in putting the show together, will result in a big Zero, in the absence of proper connectivity. It's critical for a good ROI.
2. Connect with the audience: Inform them of your broadcast timings so they get the right window to tune in. Just as we cram ourselves on the couch ahead of time when our favourite TV series start or Sports telecast is about to begin, create anticipation regarding your broadcast for better viewership numbers. This will give you substantial audience in the beginning itself saving you the energy of readdressing new viewership.
- The Long and Short of conversations: Typically longer the broadcast, greater is your audience as it gives them more time to discover your streaming content. It provides the time frame to share the video with friends as well. Be creative in your approach for interest build up among the viewers. However, the content is the key to the success of the long show. And one has to be honest while preparing for the shows from the outset. If the show entails something that doesn't necessarily require a long time, you'll find it impossible to retain your audience for long. So, make sure you keep this in mind at the planning stage itself. Long is better, but not always.
- Be as interactive as possible: People tend to get a lot of viewers gradually while you stream but due to lack of interaction, they tend to tune out. This platform targets user engagement which will be effective only when you reply to your follower's queries, compliments, etc. Try to address users by their handle while replying to them and do greet new viewers by giving them a brief about your video of what has happened so far or will unfold next. Tell your viewers to turn on the notifications so they can be your recurring audience by receiving alerts for future live videos.
3. Include influencers in your videos: People connect to their influencers and therefore tend to listen to their advice. Streaming a personality that has audience's trust and interest makes one's video interesting with huge turn up. Bloggers and experts are in demand and rightly so, as they have accumulated great influential power and would boost a channel's viewership and engagement significantly.
4. Tap the groups/ Facebook communities: If you have a Facebook group or community, send out notifications in there for a better viewership . Encourage feedbacks, share a brief about what you are going to present so you can build an audience with concerned interest.
5. Make use of the metrics for future reference: Facebook provides metrics for your live stream performance. It shows total reach, 10 second views, engagement, unique viewers, etc. These metrics can be analysed and used further for your next video. You can regulate timings as per peak hours that may gain you maximum turn up. (ANI)