Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal announced the doorstep delivery of public services for Delhiites on Tuesday, 11 September. The state government for the first time in India has launched an online service which would enable citizens of the National Capital to get 40 services including learner’s and permanent driving licence, income and domicile certificate, and marriage certificate delivered at their residence.
Delhi Chief Minister Kejriwal made the announcement about the services on Twitter, calling it a “revolution in governance”:
We have to change the way we r being governed. The entire administration and governance needs complete overhaul. It needs to become citizen centric. https://t.co/8azOIHGY9n— Arvind Kejriwal (@ArvindKejriwal) September 10, 2018
What is Home Delivery of Public Services?
The doorstep delivery of public services aims to extend government services beyond counters through ‘mobile sahayaks’.
Mobile sahayaks will be equipped with necessary machines such as biometric devices and a camera. They are facilitators who will visit the applicant’s residence, gather the required details and necessary documents in return for a nominal fee of 50 rupees.
How to Avail Doorstep Delivery of Public Services?
- Dial 1076 – the state government helpline
- A call-centre executive will ask for the services demanded and give a list of documents required to avail these services
- In case of documents not being available, an appointment is fixed to collect the documents
- A mobile sahayak will be appointed to send an SMS to citizens with details of the service requested, fees etc
- Mobile sahayaks through the mobile app and biometric authentication will upload required documents on the government portal
- A unique reference ID will be generated which the mobile sahayaks will use to submit the application
- A receipt will be provided via SMS or email to the citizens and they will be informed of the status of the application
- A non-refundable fee of Rs 50 will be charged for every request
What are the 40 Services That Can be Availed?
The list of services launched by the Delhi Government in the first phase of doorstep delivery of public services are:
Aam Aadmi Party took to Twitter to announce a status-check of the first day of doorstep delivery of services.
Doorstep Delivery of Services,— AAP (@AamAadmiParty) September 10, 2018
Status on Day 1:
Total calls attempted but couldn’t connect due to heavy traffic: 21000 (All unique no. captured, would be called back)
Calls connected: 2728
Calls answered: 1286 (Being called back)
Appointments fixed: 369
Documents collected: 7 pic.twitter.com/1jNBQLLtZX
. Read more on News by The Quint.Shweta Bachchan-Nanda Set To Launch Debut Novel ‘Paradise Towers’Caught on Camera: Prisoner Thrashes Two Cops in Bhind . Read more on News by The Quint.