New Delhi, May 1: Earlier in the morning today 2 Indian soldiers were mutilated by Pakistani forces resulting in a nationwide mass outrage. Political guns came out hitting at the centre calling for an appropriate action. A few days ago India was grappling with Pakistan over Kulbhushan Jadhav’s issue who is sentenced to death and now with this incident, the anger has mounted to another level; urging revenge.
The Pakistani troops have denied delivering such an act, saying,” We respect soldiers and such an act cannot take place by the hands of our troops.” The important thing which all Indians must ponder over is such an incident has taken place 6 times before. This is the seventh time our blood has boiled to see our soldiers mutilated, but the question is why has the government stayed mum on this, even though the last incident took place five months ago in November, which is about two months after the Indian army conducted surgical strikes on Pakistani soil.
These are the previous six incidents when our soldiers were mutilated by the neighbouring troops:
- In May, 1999: Six soldiers on patrol in the Kaksar sector of Jammu and Kashmir were taken captive by the Pakistan army on May 15, 1999. They were tortured for weeks before being killed and their mutilated bodies were handed over to India on June 9. This triggered the Kargil war.
- Feb, 2000: Pakistani terrorist Ilyas Kashmiri led a raid on Indian Army’s Ashok Listening Post in the Noushera sector, killing seven Indian soldiers. He took back to Pakistan the head of one Indian jawan.
- June, 2008: A soldier lost his way and was captured by a Pakistani border action team in Kel sector. His body was found beheaded a few days later.
- Jan, 2013: One soldier was beheaded and another killed by Pakistani troops after they crossed into the Mendhar sector of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Oct 28, 2016: A soldier’s body was found mutilated in Kupwara’s Machil near the Line of Control while the army was engaged in cross-border firing with Pakistan’s army.
- Nov 22, 2016: Suspected Pakistani troops killed three soldiers and mutilated one of the bodies during a gunfight in the Machhil sector along the LoC in Kupwara.
Seeing the above information one can clearly see in 2016, two such incidents were emanated. Right after a month of surgical strikes, on October 28, 2016, a soldier’s body was found mutilated while our government was still tapping its back for conducting surgical strikes. Only once such strikes were conducted under the Modi regime, probably the situation is demanding for more.