Non-bailable warrant issued against Zakir Naik
On 20 April,The National Investigation Agency (NIA) special court issued non-bailable arrest warrant against controversial preacher Zakir Naik for promoting enmity between groups on religious and racial grounds, as also accumulating funds in an illegal way for his NGO.
Earlier on April 13, the warrant was issued after Naik failed to present himself before the Enforcement Directorate.
The Enforcement Directorate claimed before the court that they had sent four summons to Naik to which there has been no response.
It is believed that Naik is currently staying in Saudi Arabia.
The Enforcement Directorate may now seek Letters Rogatory (letters of request) from a court in Saudi Arabia for judicial assistance in getting Naik back home for interrogation.
He is said to have been inspiration behind last July's terror attack on an upscale cafe in Dhaka.
- Yogi's Minister justifies remark post insulting 'divyang' worker
- Shunglu report: Congress files complaint against Arvind Kejriwal
- Red beacon ban symbolizes leaders are 'public servants': Nirmal Singh
- Free Speech, Nationalism and Sedition – M.N. Roy Memorial Lecture, delivered by Hon’ble Justice AP Shah
- Bulandshahr rape: Supreme Court refers Azam Khan's case to five-judge bench