NGT summons Uttarakhand secy on widening of Gangotri March
The National Green Tribunal (NGT) on Wednesday summoned the Uttarakhand secretary on widening of Gangotri March for Chardham Yatra.
The Uttarakhand secretary has to appear in person before the NGT tomorrow. The green court took a strict stand on collection of garbage and will also put its stance on cutting of trees in large numbers.
The NGT asked the Uttarakhand secretary, "Will you keep debris on the road?"
Under the Char Dham National Highway Connectivity Improvement programme sanctioned by the Centre, the 268 km-long-road is to be widened up to 12 metres.
- Hyderabad: Army Major arrested in dowry death case
- Beheading of soldiers: India summons Pak high commissioner
- Sex worker seeks PM Narendra Modi's help in getting Rs 10,000 old currency notes changed
- Free, vibrant press vital in democracy: PM Narendra Modi
- TN: Govt school headmaster arrested for killing his mother