Before the trading day begins, learn about the number of factors that may influence share prices and the trading climate in stock markets.
Important developments across the globe, current situation of global markets, sentiments, and the overall news related to stocks or companies are some of the key indicators that you need to consider before investing in the stock market.
Also, the views of brokerages on select stocks and buy/hold/sell recommendations with target prices play a significant role in determining how the markets are going to perform.
Here are some of the factors that may affect the stock market today.
- SGX Nifty indicating a tepid start to trade
- US Dollar Index recovery fails ahead of 97.00
- Asian markets open mixed in trade
- China Q1 GDP better than expected (6.4% vs 6.30%-exp.)
- US markets traded on a weak note
- Dow ended flat, S&P 500 down 0.2% and Nasdaq down 0.05%
- European markets close marginally higher with pan-European Stoxx 600 was up around 1%%
- Oil prices slipped in morning trade by ~0.1-0.2%. Brent down 0.1% in overnight trade at $71.51/bbl. WTI down 0.1% at $63.67/bbl.
Stocks in news that may influence the market:
Jet Airways: Lenders expect binding bids from potential investors for survival of Jet Airways. Lenders hopeful of successful bid process in determining value for the airline.
Bharti Airtel: Airtel to challenge Rs 8,200 crore DoT demand for nod to Tata telecom deal. The company will appeal in the TDSAT against demand of bank guarantees.
Crisil: Board gives nod for transfer of ratings business to new subsidiary. Move follows SEBI's diktat last year to segregate rating and non-rating businesses of agencies.
Cadila Healthcare: Zydus receives final approval from the USFDA for Acetazolamide for Injection. The drug will be manufactured in the facility at Moraiya, Ahmedabad.
Credit Suisse on Wipro: Maintain ‘underperform’, target price at Rs 240/share
UBS on Wipro: Maintain ‘sell’, target at Rs 214/share
Macquarie on Mindtree: Maintain ‘neutral’, target at Rs 970/share
Morgan Stanley on Hindalco: Maintain ‘equal-weight’, target at Rs 211/share
CITI on JSPL: Maintain ‘buy’, target price at Rs 254/share
HSBC on RIL: Maintain ‘buy’; set target price at Rs 1,500/share.