Between watching reruns of the movie and belting out “My Heart Will Go On,” we were inspired to copy Winslet’s curly updo for the holidays. Wearing loose locks to party after party can get boring. So we asked New York City-based hairstylist Zeta Korqa for Glamsquad to show us how to get this textured look in six simple steps. Watch the video above and learn.
1. Wrap one-inch sections around the curling iron barrel to create loose ringlets. Repeat around entire head. Zeta’s tool of choice: Hot Tools 1¼-inch Curling Iron.
2. Spritz hair with Kérastase Laque Couture anti-frizz hairspray to give curls hold and shine.
3. Backcomb hair and add hairspray at roots.
4. Gather locks into a low pony, leaving a few pieces out around the face. Loosely pin the pieces back.
5. Wrap length of pony into a low bun, forming a chignon. Secure with bobby pins.
6. Dress up the ‘do with layered jewels. Beauty hack: Repurpose a layered body chain and use as hair jewelry.
Read more from Yahoo Lifestyle:
- How to copy Daisy Ridley’s ‘Star Wars’ hair buns — no Jedi mind tricks involved
- Lindsay Lohan’s ‘Mean Girls’ Christmas makeup is perfect for redheads (and just about everyone else too)
- The 1-minute hack to get Victoria’s Secret Angel hair