NATO pledges USD 2.7 million for attacked Kabul military hospital

Kabul [Afghanistan], Apr. 6 (ANI): The NATO-led Resolute Support Mission in Afghanistan has pledged USD 2.7 million for the major military hospital in Kabul that witnessed a deadly terror attack last month.

A spokesman for the Resolute Mission Capt Bill Salvin told reporters in Kabul on Thursday that the repair work of Sardar Mohammad Daud Khan hospital has been completed by 90 percent after the attack by the insurgents, reports Tolo News.

He said the mission's budget is USD 2.7 million, which will include USD 1.7 million for new medical equipment and USD one million for new furnishings.

Salvin said the alliance is paying for restoration of 50 rooms, two X-ray machines, seven monitors with server, new imaging units and lab equipment.

He further said that the hospital became operational in terms of healthcare service within three days, adding the ICU became operational within six days after the attack.

At least 50 people were killed when the militants armed with guns, grenades and knives targeted the patients and staff at Sardar Daud Khan Hospitall in the heart of Kabul. (ANI)