New Delhi, Sep.2 (ANI): 16-year-old Arhan Bagati, here on Wednesday launched 'InRio', a mobile application which he developed, that would provide useful information and assist the para-athletes bound for the 2016 Paralympics in Rio de Janeiro. "I was working with the Paralympics Committee of India and I started it, because I wanted to run in the Sports for Development Run. "In Rio, when the athletes will go, they will have all their information readily available, their emergency contacts, diet and a nutrition plan available for them, along with a map, restaurants and places to visit.
National News Headlines
- Kalburgi murder: Police releases sketches of two suspects
Hubli/New Delhi, Sep. 2 (ANI): The Dharwad police on Wednesday released sketches of two suspected assassins of Kannada scholar MM Kalburgi.
- AAP condemns joint attack of BJP-RSS on Hamid Ansari
New Delhi, Sep.2 (ANI): Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Ashutosh on Wednesday condemned the attack launched by Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) against Vice-President Hamid Ansari, saying that if Prime Minister Narendra Modi has any control over these two groups then he should promise that no such accusations and remarks will be made against Ansari in the future. "The Aam Aadmi Party highly condemns the way the BJP and the RSS have launched against the Vice-President.
- Delhi Police challenges IPL verdict of 'clean chit'
New Delhi, Sep. 1 (ANI): Delhi Police on Wednesday challenged the Patiala House Court's order acquitting all the IPL6 spot fixing accused, including S Sreesanth, Ajit Chandila and Ankeeth Chavan, three players from the Rajasthan Royals franchise.
- Last date for filing I.T return extended to September 7
New Delhi, Sep. 02 (ANI): The government has extended the last date for the filing of income tax returns from August 31 to September 7. The Central Board Direct Taxes (CBDT) has extended the 'due-date' for e-filing returns of income from August 31 to September 7 in respect of all taxpayers who were required to file their returns.
- President Mukherjee to inaugurate Diamond Jubilee Celebrations …
New Delhi, Sep. 2 (ANI): President Pranab Mukherjee will inaugurate the Diamond Jubilee Celebrations of EEPC India at Vigyan Bhavan, here on Thursday.
- Smita Purushottam appointed as Indian Ambassador to Holy See
New Delhi: Smita Purushottam, presently Ambassador of lndia to the Switzerland, has been concurrently accredited as the next Ambassador of India to the Holy See, with residence in Berne(Switzerland). Diplomatic relations between India and the Holy See were established soon after India's independence.
- Gurgaon: gunman injured in encounter with police
Gurgaon, Sep. 2 (ANI): One person was injured after a gunbattle ensued between 4 gunmen and the police here on Wednesday.
- Rashid Alvi criticises Govt. for following 'communal' …
"RSS is the real decision maker for the BJP Government, while BJP acts as their follower, and this has become a serious issue for the society," Alvi told ANI. "Today the spokesperson of the BJP and Narendra Modi will attend the meeting. Earlier today, Home Minister Rajnath Singh, Finance Minister Arun Jaitely, BJP President Amit Shah and Urban Development Minister M. Venkaiah Naidu among others, were present for the RSS-BJP coordination committee meeting with RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat and the Vishwa Hindu Parishad's Working President Praveen Togadiya.
- Sharif accuses India of posing threat to world peace by violating …
New Delhi, Sep.2 (ANI): Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Wednesday reprimanded India for unprovoked firing on the Line of Control (LoC), saying it was not only aggression against the Kashmiri people but also amounted to scoffing at the conscience of the world community. Sharif was in Bagh town of Azad (Pakistani) Kashmir to inaugurate the newly-constructed Sports Stadium as part of the developmental projects for earthquake affected districts. "On coming to Bagh town in Azad Kashmir, I am remembering the brothers and sisters and children who were victims of the 2005 earthquake.
- Millions strike to protest against Modi's labour reforms1 hour 18 minutes ago
- FIFA's latest reform committee meets for the first time1 hour 25 minutes ago
- Obama gets Iran deal win as Democrats amass enough votes52 minutes ago
- Obama gets Iran deal win as Senate Dems amass enough votes1 hour 27 minutes ago
- A look at where Senate Democrats stand on the Iran deal1 hour 54 minutes ago