Nagpur: PM Modi inaugurates new units in Koradi thermal power station
On 14 April,Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated various units of thermal power plants at Koradi, Chandrapur and Parli with a total capacity of 3,230 Mega Watts.
These include three super-critical units 660 MW each at Koradi, two of 500 MW each at Chandrapur and one of 250 MW at Parli.
The Prime Minister also released two special commemorative postal stamps - one depicting Deekshabhoomi in its full glory and the other with twin pictures of Lord Gautam Buddha and Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar at another function in the city.
The two stamps of five rupees denomination each along with the first-day cover would be released on this occasion.
Maharashtra Governor Chennamaneni Vidyasagar Rao, Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis along with Union Minister for Road Transport, Highways and Shipping Nitin Gadkari and Minister for Human Resources Development Prakash Javadekar were also present on this occasion.
- Harish Rawat dares BJP to make singing 'Vande Mataram' compulsory
- Three-time world champion Lewis Hamilton lauds `awesome` F1 season so far
- Donald Trump will be a one-term President: Bernie Sanders
- Matrimony Day: A day for couples to celebrate
- Pakistan must engage effectively with Donald Trump Administration, says Pervez Musharraf