Muzaffarnagar: Women protest against liquor shop in village
A group of women staged a dharna and blocked road traffic in Bopada here protesting against the shifting of a liquor shop from near a highway to their village.
The protest took place yesterday and traffic movement on the Mansurpur-Shahpur road was affected for several hours, an official said.
The liquor shop was shifted to the village following the Supreme Court's order shutting liquor outlets and bars within 500 meters of national and state highways to tackle the problem of drunken driving. The official said that security has been tightened in the area.
- JD (U) rebuffs anti-BJP alliance talks, says Mulayam Singh Yadav living in past
- Dinakaran named accused for offering bribe for 'two leaves' symbol
- Jammu-Kashmir: Pakistan violates ceasefire in Nowshera sector
- Kerala: Malappuram Lok Sabha bypoll counting underway
- Haryana: Man hangs himself to death in Sonepat, live streams it on Facebook