Mumbai: Shakti Mills Gangrape Convict Akash Jadhav Stabbed by Three Men

Team Latestly
A case has been registered against four persons -- Rahul, Jagpal, Saurabh and Kallu -- based on the FIR lodged by the deceased's brother, said Circle Officer Rajeev Kumar Singh.

Mumbai, October 23: Three men stabbed a convict of the 2013 Shakti Mills gangrape case in the wee hours of Monday. Akash Jadhav, who was the juvenile accused in the Shakti Mills gangrape case, was stabbed near Trimurti Mandira at Agripada. He was rushed to Nair hospital, and an FIR has been registered against three suspects.

Also Read | PUBG MOBILE Campus Championship 2018: Mumbai Team 'The Terrifying Nightmares' Wins Rs 15 Lakh Cash Prize Along With Oppo F9 Pro

The police have identified two suspected attackers - Akash Kale, Danish. According to cops, Kale and Danish along with one of their accomplices allegedly stabbed Jadhav in a revenge attack. "About one-and-a-half months back, Jadhav had attacked Kale following a tiff between them," a police officer told a regional newspaper. Jaipur: 32-Year-Old Woman Jumps Off Naked From Third Floor To Escape Gangrape; Police Register Rape Case Against Accused.

Jadhav sustained injuries to his stomach in the attack. The police are also probing how Jadhav was found in the city limits when they had externed him after they found his involvement in various criminal activities between July 2017 and March 2018. These include cases of attempted murder, kidnapping, extortion, assault and blackmailing.

Also Read | Mumbai Airport to Be Shut for Six Hours Today From 11 AM to 5 PM for Repair and Maintenance Work, Flights Rescheduled

Shakti Mills Gangrape Case

In August 2013, a woman photo-journalist was gang-raped by five people inside the desolate Shakti Mills Compound in central Mumbai. While three convicts were awarded death penalty, one of the convicts was sentenced to life imprisonment. Jadhav, who was a juvenile at the time of the incident, was sent to Nashik Borstal School for three years. He walked out of the juvenile detention centre in July 2017.