Mumbai model granted bail with precondition of payment of fine
A Mumbai Court on 28 April,suspended the sentence given to actor and model Preeti Jain for four weeks to appeal in the High Court.
The court also gives bail to Jain and two others with precondition of payment of fine imposed.
A bail of Rs. 15,000 is also to be furnished.
Accused for plotting the murder of director Madhur Bhandarkar against whom she had earlier filed a rape case, the city civil and sessions court today convicted Jain to three years in jail and also imposed a fine of Rs. 10,000.
She has been accused of hiring gangsters to eliminate director Bhandarkar in 2005.
She was convicted along with other two other accused. Immediately after the ruling, Jain sought suspension of sentence.
She had allegedly given a 'supari' of 75, 000 rupees to a gangster of the Arun Gaali gang in September 2005 to eliminate Bhandarkar.
A case was registered on the police registered a case on September 10, 2005.
Jain had earlier in July 2004 lodged a complaint alleging that Bhandarkar had raped her several times between 1999 and 2004 under the pretext of marrying her and casting her as actress in his movies.
- Baahubali 2 film review: This is signature Rajamouli and that's its strongest point
- Mumbai model convicted for plotting to murder Madhur Bhandarkar
- 'Baahubali 2 is 10 times as grand as The Beginning'
- 5 Times Alia Proved That She is The Ultimate Queen Of ‘Cool’
- A look back at Vinod Khanna's life, through pictures