Mumbai: Film set caught on fire in Goregaon West

A fire broke out in a Mumbai based film studio in Malad. The set was being readied for the Moharat of an Ajay Devgan starrer film, and the event had been scheduled for later this evening. The studio however caught fire presumably due to a short circuit on the sets. The confirmed cause is still awaited. This happened in a studio in Goregaon West and fire tenders were rushed to the spot immediately. Local residents have reported that the set studio was an illegal structure and the fire seemingly started due to a short circuit. The fire has been stated as a level 2 fire by the fire department and it is yet to be put under control. The fire brigade has also confirmed that the studio has no official NOC from the fire department and was operating without it.