Mumbai: Another ISI agent arrested
The Mumbai Police, in a joint operation with the Uttar Pradesh Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS), arrested another suspected Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) agent here today. A total of three people has been arrested so far. One from Faizabad and two from Mumbai.
Earlier on Wednesday, a suspected ISI agent Altaf Ali was arrested from Mumbai and another agent named Aftab Ali, was taken into custody from Faizabad.
Police arrested Altaf from a building called Yusuf Majil and also recovered Rs. 70 lakh from his house.
Altaf, who is suspected to have carried out numerous operations under command of the ISI, has been handed to the UP ATS team for interrogation.
Atlaf allegedly was indulging in illegal activities and transferred money into the account of Aftab in Faizabad on the instructions of the ISI.
Earlier on Wednesday, Aftab was arrested from Faizabad, who was believed to be receiving training from the ISI in Pakistan and was allegedly in touch with the Pakistan High Commission officials.
The ATS was in possession of strong evidence against him like phone chats and some pictures of the cantonment area.
It was a joint operation conducted by the UP ATS, the Military Intelligence and the UP Intelligence. It is believed that more arrests can be possible in relation with this.
- J-K: Combing operation carried out to make sure that situation is under control, says Army Chief
- Gayatri Prajapati rape case: SC asks two other accused to surrender
- BJP calls on Opposition to support NDA Presidential candidate
- Proven that temple exists below Babri Masjid structure: Subramanian Swamy
- Indore declared India's cleanest city