Mumbai: 20-year-old commits suicide by hanging herself in hostel room
A 20-year-old medical student committed suicide by hanging herself in Mumbai's Nair Hospital Hostel.
The medical student, identified as Bhagyalakshmi Gautamchand, was found hanging from the ceiling fan in her hostel room on 12 September at around 1 p.m.
A case of accidental death has been registered at the Kalachowki Police Station and the body of the deceased has been sent for post-mortem.
As per the police, the girl committed suicide due to exam stress.
- PM Modi to welcome his Japanese counterpart in Ahmedabad today
- PM Narendra Modi asks ministers to actively participate in cleanliness fortnight
- Sharad Yadav says it is a 'struggle' after EC rejects his claims over party symbol
- The BJP's starting to lose the social media game and it's scaring Amit Shah
- Sri Lankan court remands 12 Tamil Nadu fishermen