Mulayam Singh Yadav has not paid electricity bill worth Rs. 4 lakh till now
In wake of Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath's emphasis on eliminating VIP culture from Uttar Pradesh, an inspection conducted by a team of electricity officials revealed that former chief minister Mulayam Singh Yadav has unpaid electricity bills worth Rs. 4 lakh.
The team upon arriving at his residence found that the permissible limit of 5 kW a day was being busted by as many as eight times. He has been given a time period till the end of the month to pay up.
The Samajwadi Party ( SP) patriarch's sprawling residence in the Civil Lines area of his constituency Etawah is one of the biggest in the city with more than a dozen rooms, its own air-conditioning plant, a temperature-controlled swimming pool and several elevators.
Officials had changed the configurations to allow him 40 kW against a payment in lieu of the additional power supply.
- CBSE says Schools are run as community service, not as a business
- PM Modi to honour bureaucrats on Civil Services Day
- Aurangabad-Hyderabad passenger train derails in Karnataka, no injuries
- Cash van guard working with SBI shot dead in Allahabad
- Manipur Govt. launches skill development scheme to empower youth