Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday inaugurated the Smart India Hackathon 2017 via video conferencing in Delhi, a move to promote innovation and out-of-the-box thinking among students.
The Grand Finale of Smart India Hackathon was held on Saturday.
As many as 1,266 teams of 10,000 participants from 28 states were shortlisted for the finale.
HERE ARE THE LATEST UPDATES
- The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) under the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) and in collaboration with i4c, MyGov, Persistent Systems, NASSCOM and Rambhau Mhalgi Pabodini is conducting 'Smart India Hackathon 2017'.
- Everybody has the ability to dream. What matters is the effort to realise their dreams.
- Artificial intelligence, 3D technology...see how the world is undergoing changes. This is an era of 'Internet of Things'.
- I am confident that the results of what my young friends are doing will lead to very positive results.
- Technology has made things so much simpler. Technology and innovation are powering so many changes. Things like floppies, tape recorders and walkmen are history.
- When you are innovating, you may face setbacks but we must not let those setbacks lower your morale or dampen your spirits.
- India is a youthful nation. The youth of India has come together with enthusiasm for this programme.
- There is a need to use technology more and innovate more. We live in a technology-driven era.
- The true essence of democracy is 'Jan Bhagidari' or public participation. It is through Jan Bhagidari that we will solve all the issues that are affecting the nation.
- The youth of India is blessed with phenomenal energy and this energy will bring very good results for the nation.
- There was a time when radios were as big as microwaves and today they can fit even in a matchbox.
- India is a young nation and it is full of energy. Their dynamism will benefit the nation.
- It is a matter of pride that youths are participating in this project that is driven by technology and innovation.
- There several challenges before the youth today, events like this is an opportunity for them.
- There is a need to use technology more and innovate more.
- Today we live in a tech-driven era.
- Addressing youngsters, Modi said that we live in a technology-driven era and that there was a need to technology more and innovate more.