Top headlines of the day:
1. PM 'prevention and treatment' mantra
Prime Minister Modi's warning came as a flood of videos and images are shared on social media showing massive crowds at hill stations like Manali in Himachal Pradesh
2. COVID vaccine stocks run out
Centre says over 40 lakh doses have been administered in the last 24 hours.
3. Supreme Court asks government to Clarify stand on plea against sedition law
Supreme Court (SC) of India grants two week time to the Centre government to make its clear stand on a plea challenging the constitutional validity of Section 124 A of the Indian Penal Code which penalizes sedition.
4. Controversy over Assam Cattle Preservation Bill erupts
The Assam Cattle Preservation Bill, 2021, was introduced in the state assembly on Monday by Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma to regulate the slaughter, consumption, and transportation of cattle.
5. Eknath Khadse corruption report goes missing
The corruption report goes missing from the Mantralaya
6. Indian team flies out on jet after Choksi's bail news
Mehul Choksi, the fugitive goldsmith who is being held in Dominica, was granted bail by a Caribbean court on Monday and allowed to return to Antigua and Barbuda.
7. Flash floods wreak havoc in parts of Himachal Pradesh
A yellow alert has been sounded in Himachal after heavy rains hit many parts of the state and triggered flash floods which wreaked havoc as major roads have been blocked due to landslides.
8. After an unprecedented delay, Delhi witnesses heavy rainfall today
Delhi receives heavy rainfall today morning as a respite to the scorching heat that the people were facing for the past several weeks.