You have money for ads not for farm loan waiver: NCP to govt
NCP leader Jayant Patil on 10 March said, if the BJP-led Government in Maharashtra has money to spend on advertisements of various schemes, it should write- off loans of farmers too.
"Everyone can see that Maharashtra Government is spending a huge amount of money on advertisements. If it has funds for ads, then announcing farm loan waiver should not be a big deal for it," the former finance minister told reporters outside Vidhan Bhavan.
Opposition Congress and NCP besides ruling coalition ally Shiv Sena have been demanding farm loan waiver, a issue which rocked the both Houses of the legislature 10 March. -PTI
- CRPF goes paperless with e-governance initiative
- RS MP Rajeev Chandrashekhar withdraws bill seeking to declare Pakistan 'terror state'
- Bastar journalist Santosh Yadav released from prison after 17 months
- In pictures: Kerala's Kiss of Love returns to protest Sena's moral policing
- Govt mobilises 6.4 tonne gold under monetisation scheme