It's known that Malayalam director Lal Jose is teaming up with Mohanlal for the first time in his career. The yet-to-be-titled film will be produced by Mohanlal's friend and the maker of Drishyam and Oppam, Antony Perumbavoor under his home banner Aashirvad Cinemas.
Catch had previously reported that Antony Perumbavoor announced his project with Mohanlal-Lal Jose film during the official press meet for Prithviraj's directorial debut Lucifer.
Interestingly, it will be his first role as a college principal in his 36-year-long acting career. The film will have dialogues and screenplay written by veteran scenarist Benny P Nayarambalam.
Earlier Mohanlal and Lal Jose were supposed to work together for a film titled Cousins, but later dropped the plans for reasons not revealed.
The film will starts rolling by mid-2017.
- Kerala Box Office : Take Off continued its good run despite the release of The Great Father and 1971 Beyond Borders
- The Great Father : Mammootty, Prithviraj film's UAE release confirmed on 13 April
- "Don't buy a film for enormous price and crib about losses post it's theatrical release", Rajinikanth warns film distributors
- There will be no Baahubali 3, says SS Rajamouli
- National Film Awards : It was a neck to neck battle between Mohanlal and Akshay Kumar, reveals Priyadarshan