Prime Minister Narendra Modi today inaugurated inaugurated the first phase of the Rs 615 crore 'roll-on-roll-off' (ro-ro) ferry service between Ghogha in Saurashtra and Dahej in south Gujarat. He said that with the beginning of this project, the dream of 6.5 crore Gujaratis has been fulfilled. This is his third visit to the poll-bound Gujarat in as many weeks.
PM Modi will also lay down foundation stones of projects worth over Rs 1,140 crore in Vadodara later.
During his last visit to Gujarat, PM Modi had called the ro-ro service a dream project, which he planned when he was the chief minister of Gujarat.
PM Modi previously visited the state on October 8 and also on Monday earlier this week.
NARENDRA MODI IN GUJARAT LIVE UPDATES:
- "I am getting all the files of the projects shelved for decades recovered. I am getting them completed."
- We believe Sagar Mala project alone will provide around 1 crore jobs, said Modi.
- "India needs better ports and more ports."
- Our mantra is P for P - Ports for Prosperity: Modi in Dahej
- PM Narendra Modi during an interaction with school children in Dahej. Modi arrives in Dahej aboard RO-RO ferry from Ghogha, interacts with school children.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on board RO-RO ferry between Ghogha and Dahej.
- I request everyone to cooperate with the government. My warmest wishes to one and all. Jai Hind, said Modi as he wrapped up the address.
- "Ghogha's fate will change soon."
- Newly inaugurated services will be boost to new India: Modi.
- "New aviation policy has been created to ensure improved regional services."
- Will give Rs 40,000 crore subsidy to fishermen: Modi.
- "National waterway will be more than 17,000 km long. This will be a revolutionary project for the fishermen here."
- We are planning to link a number of other places also through ferries, said Modi.
- Inter-state waterway, coastal transport services will be integrated in the future: Modi
- "Will extend the ferry project further."
- Under Gujarat government, development project are picking speed. Such projects will ensure employment for the youth: Modi.
- "Over the last three years, we have given importance to Gujarat. Will ensure Delhi and Mumbai corridor project is completed in time."
- Gujarat's maritime infrastructure is a like a model project for the nation: Modi.
- "Efforts were made by the centre to stall development in Gujarat but we ensured that development projects are pushed in the state."
- When I was serving as Gujarat CM, I faced hostility from then Central government: Modi
- "It is my duty as the former CM of Gujarat to clear this project."
- Project to make life easier for traders: Modi.
- "It is because of the public that I stand here as the PM."
- We have created an infrastructure for coastal social security: Modi.
- "Gujarat is blessed with a long coastline, government will work on opening a maritime university and museum."
- I congratulate everyone connected to this landmark project: Modi.
- "This ferry service will save time and petrol, and it will connect Saurashtra and south Gujarat."
- We changed rules to ensure ferry project in Gujarat, said Modi.
- "We roped in private services to build terminals. We ensured that all expenses are borne by the Centre."
- The government makes bus stops, airports, and runways. Later, private enterprises use these services: Modi.
- "More than 5,000 cars commute from Ghogha to Dahej daily. After the launch of ro-ro service, the traffic will decrease and speed of the cars will increase which will have an impact on Gujarat's economic system."
- I am here for a vital launch related to dairy sector: Modi.
- "Time is money, hence the government has reduced travel time for the public."
- Today's programme is an opportunity to bring back Gujarat's historical relation with the sea, said PM.
- "Gujarat has a history of sea travel."
- Today, entire Hindustan is getting an invaluable gift via Ghogha.
- This is a service of vital importance for the country: Modi.
- "Ghogha to Dahej ferry service will boost business. We are building a new India."
- "This project is India's first ro-ro service, which is one of a kind."
- "With the beginning of this project, the dream of 6.5 crore Gujaratis has been fulfilled."
- It's the biggest project not only in India, but also in the South Asia, said Modi.
- The first phase of the Ghogha-Dahej ferry service has been inaugurated today: PM Modi.
- Happy to be in Gujarat to convey new year greetings, said Modi as he began addressing the public at Ghogha.
- Modi inaugurates India's first ro-ro service at the Ghogha Port.
Modi govt's gift to Gujarat: Ghogha-Dahej RO-RO ferry service, first-of-its-kind project in South Asia to dramatically shorten travel time. pic.twitter.com/XWqCqeaMeI- BJP (@BJP4India) October 22, 2017
- PM Narendra Modi is at the ro-ro service inauguration site.
- Modi reaches Ghogha ferry terminal. He will inaugurate the ferry service and address the public shortly.
- PM Narendra Modi has reached Bhavnagar airport. He will now head to Ghogha.
- PM Narendra Modi was received by CM Vijapy Rupani and Deputy CM Nitin Patel
Gujarat: PM Narendra Modi arrives in Bhavnagar, received by CM Rupani and Deputy CM Nitin Patel pic.twitter.com/RFXDgYHQA9- ANI (@ANI) October 22, 2017
- PM Narendra Modi is likely to reach Bhavnagar around 11.30 am. He will inaugurate the first ferry service in the district.
Ghogha-Dahej Ferry Service will boost connectivity and infrastructure in Gujarat. pic.twitter.com/Hed5BoaT9V&; Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) October 21, 2017
- From Dahej, Modi will travel to Vadodara, which he had last visited in October, 2016.
- In Vadodara, I will dedicate to the nation the Vadodara City Command Control Centre & Waghodiya Regional Water Supply Scheme.
&; Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) October 22, 2017
- At a public meeting in Ghogha, shall inaugurate Sarvottam Cattle Feed Plant of Shree Bhavnagar District Cooperative Milk Producers Union Ltd, Modi wrote on Twitter.
Today is special because Phase 1 of the ferry service between Ghogha & Dahej would be inaugurated.- Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) October 22, 2017
- Today is special because Phase 1 of the ferry service between Ghogha & Dahej would be inaugurated, tweeted Modi.