Mehreen plays a parallel lead in Anushka Sharma’s home production
Model turned actress Mehreen Pirzada made her acting debut in Telugu last year with the filmKrishna Gaadi Veera Prema Gaadha opposite actor Nani. The actress got her big break in Bollywood with Anushka Sharma’s Phillauri which is directed by Anshai Lal. Phillauri is Anushka’s second production after NH 10, it also stars Diljit Dosanjh and is set to release onMarch 24
In the film Anushka Sharma is playing a ghost while Mehreen is seen essaying the role of Suraj Sharma's character's bride.
Mehreen says, "I am extremely thrilled to be a part of this movie. It is a great opportunity to have shared screen space with Anushka Sharma in my debut film. It was also really fun working with Suraj Sharma and Diljit Dosanjh, both being really talented. I am thankful to Anushka and team who gave me the chance to be a part of this project and to stage my love for acting! Phillauri has done complete justice and I can't wait for March 24"
- Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' inspires a promotional campaign worth 100 crore
- UP, Bihar important for my career, says Swara Bhaskar
- TV is a great medium for actors: Randeep Hooda
- Sonam Kapoor's mom approves of her boyfriend Anand Ahuja?
- Karan Johar as a producer understands a director better, says Shashank Khaitan