MCD results: Congress taunts BJP, AAP goes into self introspection
As early trends pointed to a clear victory for the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in the 2017 MCD polls, the mood in the Congress party and the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) remained somber and belligerent.
Taunting the BJP, the Congress hoped the saffron party would apply the development pedal to Delhi since it had failed to do any developmental work so far.
"Congratulations to the BJP for MCD polls. We sincerely hope that the BJP will now work for a clean, corruption free Delhi, disease free Delhi and a development driven Delhi which has not been possible under BJP rule in the MCD," Congress spokesperson Randeep Surjewala told ANI.
The AAP, on the other hand, called for a self introspection post its poor performance.
"Despite getting a favourable win in the 2015 assembly elections if we are still getting this result, then there is a need for introspection. We will take suggestions from the public as to what went wrong on our part and will definitely bounce back in three years," said AAP leader and Delhi's Water Minister Kapil Mishra.
The early trend showed the BJP winning at least 180 wards, AAP securing 44 and the Congress 32 while other parties, including Independents set to claim 10 seats
- Sasikala Pushpa says drama going on in Tamil Nadu
- Bribery case: Delhi Police Crime Branch to visit Chennai on 26 April
- Arvind Kejriwal congratulates BJP for MCD victory
- We should develop universities as temples of higher learning: President Pranab Mukherjee
- T.T.V Dinakaran granted five-day police custody in bribery case