Massive fire breaks out at Deepika Padukone’s apartment complex in Mumbai

A fire broke out today at a high-rise building located on Appasaheb Marathe Marg in Mumbai’s Worli where actress Deepika Padukone, owns a sprawling apartment.

BeauMonde Towers is a sea-facing skyscraper, in Bombay’s prime residential area.  Four fire tenders have been rushed to the spot.

The fire was reported from the building’s 33rd floor. There were no reports of casualties as of last updating this report.

The Mumbai Fire Brigade, in a note, said the fire was reported at 2:16pm on the 33th floor of the Beaumonde Building in Worli’s Prabhadevi.

The agency has classified at level two and has eight fire brigades have been dispatched to the spot.

Photos and videos shared on Twitter showed smoke billowing out of the top floors of the building.

When the fire broke out, Deepika was on the set of a brand shoot.

Here are 10 things you need to know about Deepika Padukone’s apartment at Beaumonde Towers.

1. Deepika Padukone and her father, badminton legend Prakash Padukone, jointly own the Beaumonde Towers property.

2. The Padukones bought the apartment in 2010.

3. The apartment is 4BHK and spans 2,776 square feet.

4. Deepika’s house is on the 26th floor of Tower B of the society.

5. The Padmaavat star and her father paid a whopping Rs 16 crore for the apartment.

6. Her apartment on the 26th floor comes with three parking slots.

7. When Deepika bought the apartment in Prabhadevi, B-Town was taken by surprise. Film stars usually prefer to stay in the Andheri or Bandra suburbs since the film studios are nearby.

8. Beaumonde Towers is quite close to Siddhivinayak temple and Deepika is seen paying a visit to the place before every film release.

9. The Beaumonde Towers complex has two tennis, badminton and squash courts, apart from several open-air exercise decks.

10. The complex has three residential skyscrapers.

Source: Spotboye, India Today

Image/ video credit: Stringer

Mumbai apartment fire
Mumbai apartment fire
Mumbai apartment fire