It’s no question that Mariah Carey is the official queen of New Year’s Eve. From her much-anticipated (and talked about) Time Square performances to her glittery costumes and makeup, the pop diva knows how to put on a rockin’ show.
In this edition of #CopyThat, makeup artist Sade Hazard for Glamsquad managed to recreate Carey’s classic New Year’s Eve glam without using any glitter. Watch the video to see how she flawlessly pulled off this amazing feat.
1. Blend a taupe eyeshadow into crease to create depth. Try: Montallou from the NARSissist Loaded Eyeshadow Palette.
2. Brush a nutmeg eyeshadow along upper lash line and outer corners. Hazard’s tool of choice: Spoiled Sexy from Buxom Dolly’s Wild Side Eyeshadow Palette.
3. Apply the lighter pigment from NARS Contour Blush in Talia to inner corners of eyes and brow bone.
4. Enhance eyes with false eyelashes. Be sure to add lash adhesive and allow it to get tacky before placing on upper lash line.
5. Coat top and bottom lashes with L’Oréal Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara in Mystic Black. This helps to bind falsies to your natural set.
6. Sweep NARS Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner in Via Veneto along the waterline and upper lash line.
7. Warm up complexion and define cheeks with Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Luminous Flush.
8. Use a rose-pink pencil such as NARS Rikugien Satin Lip Pencil to trace and fill in lips.
9. Dab on NARS Lip Gloss in Greek Holiday for a brilliant sheen.
Read more from Yahoo Lifestyle:
- ‘Near, far, wherever you are,’ you’ll look great for the holidays with Kate Winslet’s ‘Titanic’ curly updo
- How to copy Daisy Ridley’s ‘Star Wars’ hair buns — no Jedi mind tricks involved
- Lindsay Lohan’s ‘Mean Girls’ Christmas makeup is perfect for redheads (and just about everyone else too)