Mann Ki Baat: Unity in Diversity is Our Biggest Strength, Must Utilise it, Says Prime Minister Narendra Modi; Highlights
New Delhi, September 24: Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his address to the nation through ‘Mann Ki Baat’ programme said the idea of ‘Unity in Diversity’ is the biggest strength of the nation and all Indians must utilise it. The Prime Minister touched upon issues of cleanliness and the roles played by national leaders, Mahatma Gandhi, Deen Dayal Upadhyay and Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel and the importance of respecting them.
PM Modi on Sunday was addressing the 36th edition of Mann ki Baat, which completed three years of being on air and said this programme has acted not just as a platform for him to address the nation and express his views, but has bridged the gap between people and the government and has made way for efficient governance.
Following are the highlights of PM Modi’s address to the nation on Mann Ki Baat on September 24:
- Mann Ki Baat is not about my views and ideas, but the opinions and suggestions of the entire nation
- Although I address a few issues on air, but the response of people off-air and in their suggestions posted on Narendra Modi App and Website has changed the dynamics of governance in the nation
- I’ve remembered one sentence of Acharya Vinoba Bhave;he used to say ‘A-sarkari, Asarkari’ meaning non-government is effective
- The way people are reciprocating to the call for cleanliness is not just inspiring but also shows the nation serving spirit of the people
- Once I talked about importance of not wasting food, and that has brought forth several people who are already making efforts to feed the hungry, while stopping the wastage of food
- We should follow the spirit of helping the poor to be able to light a Diwali lamp
- In my three years of Mann Ki Baat, I realised that every citizen wants to do something for benefit of others, for social good & country’s progress
- Bilal Dar from Kashmir has been the Brand Ambassador of cleanliness for his efforts to keep the city clean
- We took resolve in last month’s Mann Ki Baat and decided to observe 15-day Cleanliness Festival ‘Sankalp Se Siddhi’ before Gandhi Jayanti, and I am pleased to announce that it has been a massive success
- Pleased to know that just in first four days of the ‘Swachhata Hi Seva’ campaign, 75 lakh people joined with more than 40,000 initiatives
- We can see in ‘Swachhata Hi Seva’ movement as to how electronic media & print media in our country can render big service to country
- In one episode,I discussed about Khadi; and these days interest in Khadi has increased manyfold
- I urge we should take forward Khadi movement and contribute to it by using Khadi products
- I am not suggesting we should use Khadi exclusively, but when we can own clothes made out of fabrics from various parts of the world, why can not we do the same with Khadi?
- The Khadi movement has rejuvenated the Sevapuri Khadi Ashram in Varanasi which was toiling for the past 26 years
- From Mahatma Gandhi to Sardar Patel, many great leaders gave us direction towards 20th & 21st century, led us, faced many hardships
- Gandhi ji, Jai Prakash ji, Deen Dayal ji remained away from power, lived every moment for people, followed teh idea of ‘Sarv Jan Hitay–Sarv Jan Sukhay’ (Welfare for all is happiness for all)
- May the nation move forward and by the year 2022 on 75 years of India’s Independence, we will make an attempt to realize dreams of our freedom fighters
- In the next Mann Ki Baat, I will mention Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel but on 31stOct, ‘Run for Unity’-Ek Bharat Shreshth Bharat will be organized
- Come on, the whole world is coming to play on Indian soil, let us make sports a part of our lives
- Big opportunity for younger generation between Navratri festivities & Diwali; FIFA under- 17 world cup being organized in our country
- There will be value addition in tourism when we travel not as visitor but also like student and make efforts to assimilate, understand, adapt
- On pious occasion of Navratri, I convey best wishes to countrymen & pray to Ma Shakti to let our country attain newer heights
Earlier on Saturday, Modi in a tweet invited people to connect with the ‘Mann Ki Baat’ by sharing their views on the NM Mobile App and MyGov Open Forum. These views can also be also sent over using recorded messages on 1800-11-7800. Reportedly, a few of the messages sent by the people will be shared in the show.