Man dies of electrocution in UP

Bulandshahr (UP), Nov 16 (PTI) A man died of electrocution when he accidentally touched a power transformer here, police said on Monday.

The incident took place in Sarai Murtuja Khan locality in Khurja Nagar on Sunday night, they said.

Shanu, 26, was returning home when he stopped to drink water from a tap. He accidentally touched a power transformer located adjacent to the tap, police said, adding he died on the spot due to electric shock.

Shanu used to sell fish, the police said. PTI Corr AQS AQS