Here are the top headlines of the hour:
1. Bhartiya Janata Party demands cancellation of Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee’s nomination from Nandigram. Suvendu Adhikari says ‘Mamata suppressed facts’ but did not mention pending cases.
2. Battle for Bengal gets intense, Bhartiya Janata Party Chief JP Nadda to hold a roadshow in Bishnupur in support of the party candidate.
3. Batla House encounter convict sentenced to death, Congress refuses to apologise after selling martyrdom. BJP says ‘Congress is making excuses’.
4. It is being reported that Prime Minister Narendra Modi is going to have a virtual meeting with Chief Ministers of the state. It is also being reported that West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee will also take part in the meeting. The meeting will be chaired tomorrow in order to take stock of the COVID situation in the country.
5. COVID surge hits T20 Internationals Vs England, no spectators allowed for the remaining three T20 eyes between two countries in Ahmedabad.
6. It is being reported that United Kingdom Prime Minister Boris Johnson is likely to visit India at the end of April as a part of the policy tilt. This will be British Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s first major international trip after Britain’s exit from European Union as a part to boost opportunities in the United Kingdom.