Mallikarjun Kharge to be next Public Accounts Committee chairman
Congress leader Mallikarjun Kharge has been nominated as the new chairman of the Public's Account Committee (PAC) of Parliament.
Kharge, who filed the nomination papers on 14 March, 2017, will succeed his party colleague K.V. Thomas who is completing three terms in the post.
The senior Congress leader will take charge from 1 May, 2017.
The Congress Parliamentary Party (CPP) leadership on 14 March, 2017 wrote to Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan, nominating Kharge's name for the post.
By the virtue of being the PAC chairman, Kharge will now be entitled for a Cabinet rank and an office at the Parliament House.
- LG #KarSalaam initiative achieves a 'Guinness World Records' title
- Will quit if Rahul Gandhi doesn't respond: Congress MLA Vishwajit Rane
- Maharashtra ATS detains man from MP in ISIS case
- Manipur: Governor Najma Heptullah invites BJP to form coalition government, Biren Singh's swearing-in today
- 'Rape-accused' Gayatri Prajapati sent to 14-day judicial remand