Top headlines of the day:
1. The toolkit conspiracy probe has widened and Delhi Police named three people who have come under the radar of the police. While Disha Ravi has been arrested from Bengaluru, Shantanu is still on the run, and Nikita Jacob applied for anticipatory bail in the Bombay High Court. The high court has granted a three-week transitory bail to Nikita Jacob.
2. The investigation in Republic Day violence continues and the Delhi Police have made another arrest. Man who was seen swinging swords at Red Fort has now been held by the cops. The accused claims that he was indoctrinated.
3. After Congress, TMC has now mocked the Ram Mandir donation drive. TMC MP Mahua Moitra's scathing attack launched on both the donation drive and the Central government.
4. A group of foreign delegates has now reached Jammu & Kashmir. Foreign delegates from three countries are on a two-day visit to the newly formed Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir, in order to take stock of the situation in the UT. This is the second visit by foreign envoys after the bifurcation of Jammu & Kashmir took place in 2019. The move comes in a bid to counter Pakistan-driven propaganda, which aims at spreading misinformation in J&K.
5. The Congress Party has won seven of Punjab's municipal corporations and was leading in three as the counting of votes cast in the local state body elections continued today. Moga, Hoshiarpur, Kapurthala, Abohar, and Bathinda municipal corporations were bagged by the party while leading in Pathankot and Batala.
6. It is now being reported that the Popular Front of India (PFI) has now issued a statement after two of its members were arrested by Uttar Pradesh's Special Task Force. PFI has termed this as the fake story of terror that has been created by the Uttar Pradesh police.
7. France's lower house of Parliament votes to fight separatism. Brings a bill to fight Islamist.