Here are the top headlines of the day:
1. West Bengal coal theft scam: CBI heat on CM Mamata Banerjee's kin
CBI notice to wife of Mamata's nephew Abhishek Banerjee in coal smuggling case
2. Naya Kashmir irks Islamists
Kashmiri youth want to break shackles with dance academy, however, Islamists threaten to kill.
3. Increase RT-PCR tests, strict containment in affected areas: Centre to states witnessing a spike in COVID cases
Days after Maharashtra and Kerala reported more than 74% of the active cases in India, the Centre issued an advisory to the states telling them to improve and increase the overall testing numbers by focusing on increasing the proportion of RT-PCR tests.
4. Delhi: 17-year-old girl found murdered by lover for refusing to marry him
Cops intensify the hunt of accused prime suspect Laik Khan in the murder case of 17-year-old Delhi girl as victim's kin alleges interfaith angle.
5. Rinku Sharma murder case: Four more arrested by Delhi police in connection to death case
Delhi's Rinku Sharma murder case sees a total of nine arrests so far, CCTV of the murder has been accessed.
6. UP STF raids PFI office in Shaheenbagh; pamphlet, CDs and pen drives seized
The Uttar Pradesh Special Task Force (STF) conducted raids at the Popular Front of India’s office located in Delhi’s Shaheen Bagh area. The cops also seized pamphlet, CDs and DVDs and pen drives, poster, placards and banners from their office.