The "Luxembourg Cards & Payments: Opportunities and Risks to 2023" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Luxembourg Cards & Payments: Opportunities and Risks to 2023' report provides a detailed analysis of market trends in the Luxembourg's cards and payments industry. It provides values and volumes for a number of key performance indicators in the industry, including cash, cards, credit transfers, cheques, and direct debits during the review-period (2015-19e).
The report also analyzes various payment card markets operating in the industry and provides detailed information on the number of cards in circulation, transaction values and volumes during the review-period and over the forecast-period (2019e-23f). It also offers information on the country's competitive landscape, including market shares of issuers and schemes.
The report brings together research, modeling, and analysis expertise to allow banks and card issuers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages. The report also covers detailed regulatory policies and recent changes in regulatory structure.
'Luxembourg Cards & Payments: Opportunities and Risks to 2023' report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into the Luxembourg's cards and payments industry, including
- Current and forecast values for each market in the Luxembourg's cards and payments industry, including debit and credit cards.
- Detailed insights into payment instruments including cash, cards, credit transfers, cheques, and direct debits. It also, includes an overview of the country's key alternative payment instruments.
- E-commerce market analysis .
- Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing the Luxembourg's cards and payments industry.
- Detailed analysis of strategies adopted by banks and other institutions to market debit and credit.
- With the growing preference for contactless payments, banks are introducing various contactless payment tools. In January 2020, BIL launched its support for Apple Pay, allowing its credit and debit card holders to make contactless payments using their mobile devices. BCEE made Apple Pay available for its customers in November 2019. In March 2019, major banks BIL, BCEE, Raiffeisen Bank, and BNP Paribas launched their support for contactless payments via Garmin and Fitbit wearable devices. Customers holding credit cards from any of these four banks can make contactless payments via any compatible Garmin or Fitbit wearable device.
- The government is pushing e-commerce adoption among SMEs through several initiatives, including the Luxembourg Internet Days event conducted in November 2019. Previously, the Ministry of the Economy launched national e-commerce marketplace letzshop.lu in September 2017, enabling Luxembourg's merchants to sell their goods online. Meanwhile, physical retailers are increasingly introducing online stores in Luxembourg. In February 2019, IKEA launched its online store in the country, while COS, Weekday, Monki, and Arket - fashion brands owned by H&M Group - launched their respective online stores in the country in May 2020.
- To benefit from the growing preference for alternative payments, banks and payment service providers are launching new payment solutions. In May 2019, Apple launched its digital wallet solution Apple Pay in Luxembourg. The solution enables users to make in-store, online, and in-app payments. Users can add cards to the wallet by scanning them with their phone's camera or by entering the details manually. Digicash is another popular mobile payment service in Luxembourg. The solution allows users to make in-store, online, and in-app payments as well as fund transfers using their mobile phone. It is offered by the country's five major banks: BNP Paribas, BCEE, BIL, ING Bank, and POST Luxembourg
- SBanque et Caisse d'Epargne de l'Etat
- BNP Paribas
- Banque de Luxembourg
- Apple Pay
- American Express
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/3gxhzx
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900