New Delhi [India], Mar.15 (ANI): Delhi Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal on Wednesday chaired a meeting on 'Parking Policy and issues related to 'Road Cutting Permissions'.
Important measures in relation to parking policies were taken such as:
1. Identification of Roads/ Commercial Streets as 'No Tolerance Zone' for parking in consultation with Traffic Police and Local Bodies.
2. Roads had to be categorized on criteria of density, width and its connectivity.
3. Authorities like MCDs, NDMCs, and DDA are authorized to allow for short stay parking for parking.
4. DMRC are entitled to work on parking slots for para transit vehicles and underground parking for public convenience and last mile connectivity.
5. Parking on footpaths are strictly prohibited.
6. Continuous patrolling on roads had been made compulsory
7. Challan has to be charged with usage of proper technology.
8. Free Parking for Non Motorized Vehicles has to be emphasised.
9. Standard Operating Procedures have to be followed for online clearances and restoration after road cutting permissions.
10. Contractors have to be charged for time overruns, if projects are not completed in time.
11. Strict monitoring on construction of roads has to be taken care of.
12. Periodic review of space utilized/restricted for road cuttings should be done.
The meeting was attended by Minister of transport Satyendra Jain, GNCTD, Special Commissioner of police (Traffic), Chairperson, NDMC, Commissioners of MCDs, Executive Director (DMRC), General Manager (MTNL), and senior officers of Lt. Governor's Secretariat.
This meeting was in continuation to previous two meetings on the subject matter in January and February, 2017 based on a roadmap for an implementable 'Parking Policy in Delhi'. (ANI)